Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mary, Mary...

Hey!

Well I am finally back after a lovely 4 day Easter break :) I hope you all had a lovely Easter too. I didn't go anywhere, I just spent some lovely downtime with my husband. Oh, and ate 'some' chocolate! 

Anyway, I'm a little late with sharing today's card, things seem to be taking me twice as long to do these days!




I've had this card idea in my head since my last class at The Paperlane! It just so happens it is perfect for the new CASology challenge seen HERE and below.




Here's a close up of the detail...




I used one of the ditsy flowers from Background Builders: Vines to create a clustered bloom similar to THIS card I shared for the current Uniko Studio Challenge. This time I paired it with the stem & leaves from Flower Power #4 and a sentiment from Flower Power #1.

If you'd like a little more inspiration DT member Nicki has a FAB card on her blog today HERE. That's all I have to share with you all today, I will be back again tomorrow with more. Until then, thank you for stopping by :) 

Supplies
Card Stock: White (Boyes) SU! Orchid Opulence (Retired)
Ink: VersaMagic Spring Pansy, PTI Summer Sunrise & VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #1 & #4 and Background Builders: Vines

11 comments:

  1. It's so pretty!! Love the soft purple and how you constructed the flower!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the idea of a flower made from flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev this is so pretty, Ii am so glad you had a nice break. Take them now while you can! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Bev! Wonderful idea to layer the flowers to create a cluster, and the colours are certainly spring (the snow is STILL falling as I write. Seriously, enough with the flakes!). Great to hear you enjoyed some quiet time with your husband. We're just back from visiting my family - and the highlights, of course, include time with my niece and nephew. The older they get, the more precious the moments, especially now that they're both riding bikes. Too. Much. Fun. When your twins are old enough, I highly recommend run-bikes as a start (no pedals; they just use their feet), because wow, do they ever learn balance! From there, straight to two-wheeled bikes - no training wheels required! Look at me - the non-mom giving the soon-to-be mom advice! I'll stop...LOVE your card! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, I love this!!! The layered flowers are beautiful and perfectly placed! So glad you had a nice break! Chocolate is a must during such occasions! :)
    Thank you so much for joining us again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely CAS flower card. Brilliant idea to make a flower out of flowers, and I love your color choices, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wath an elegant and crisp card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Beverly, get your rest, I am sure you are just glowing!!! Lovely sweet card the little sweet lovely yellow centers!

    Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layered flowers and I love the color combo too...really awesome CAS design..I look your card on CASology challenge and come here for a closer look and I love it...I love purple and your flower in purple and yellow is perfect for me, Adorable Job...I hope you would like to hop to my blog and leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. So deliciously CAS, so perfectly pretty, Bev ... love the clustered layers of sweet blooms! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this beautiful layered flower!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated