Tuesday 10 January 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #205

Hey!

Welcome back to another CAS Colours & Sketches challenge. Karen is our hostess for the January challenges and this week Karen has a FABulous sketch seen HERE and below to get your creative juices flowing...




When I first saw the sketch, I thought to myself, 'what on earth am I going to use to get the splatter effect'? I've never been very good at getting random splatters to look perfect!

However, after a little thinking and staring into the mess that covers a large majority of my desk, I noticed the Heidi Swapp Minc supplies I bought a few months back and have hardly touched. They are still sat on my desk as I haven't 'organised' the perfect storage place (like many of my supplies). Included in my little haul was the Reactive Mist and I'd watched a video of Heidi using it when I'd ordered it and couldn't wait to try, but never got around to it until now.

Here's my take on the sketch...




What do you think? 

I think it turned out pretty cool :) I simply sprayed the Reactive Mist, which has quite a chunky spray  o it (I'm looking forward to trying to swap or decant the Reactive Mist into another spray bottle to achieve a finer mist) and sprayed it from quite a distance and still got large splat areas, but I am happy with them. After some air dry time and a little heat gun drying to speed it up I foiled it with the Rose Gold foil - yum! 




I then added a simple sentiment from Simply Said Birthday, stamped onto a strip of white CS and adhered to the card using foam adhesive. As I had foiled just a panel of CS, I mounted it all onto a Baja Breeze CS base.

Ok, that's all from me today, but be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, January 16, 2017

Hugs
Supplies:
Uniko Clear Stamps: Simply Said Birthday
Card: Hobby Craft 300gsm White. Stampin' Up! Retired Baja Breeze
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: Heidi Swapp Minc Machine, Rose Gold Foil & Reactive Mist. Foam Adhesive. 

9 comments:

  1. beautiful card!! the gold colored splatter turned out quite pretty.
    happy new year!
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the foiled spray (I bought some of that a while back but haven't tried it, this card makes me want to!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love the gold splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a great idea and so CAS! Your word placement is fabulous, too, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is such a beautiful CAS card I love just how striking it is yet simple! I bought this Minc spray ages ago and haven't played with it yet so you've inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of the gold and white. The splatter effect is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing and sounds really fun to create with. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh looks like fun! Love the crisp feel with the luxurious foil x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds like it was fun to make those splatters. Love that you foiled them - the gold makes the card look very modern and chic.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated